Dress Code: Career Appropiate
Inlet Grove is committed to providing a safe, friendly learning environment for students. Attire is not only a reflection of the individual student, but also of the general learning environment. Therefore, students have the responsibility to wear clothing that projects a positive attitude of pride in self, school and community. Students are required to wear appropriate, comfortable and safe clothing that are neat and clean.
Male students at all times must wear a belt, have their career polo shirts tucked in, and black or tan khaki Dockers or Dickies style pants (NO SWEAT PANTS). Female students may wear black or tan khaki Dickies slacks/skirts (no Capri’s) with closed shoes or sneakers (NO LEGGINGS). Skirts must be knee length or longer.
The following listed attire is NOT dress code appropriate during the regular, dress down, or dress up days:
If not appropriate dress, students will not be allowed to attend class.
- No head coverings (hats, caps, beanies, bandanas, sweat bands, visor, etc.).
- No backless, strapless, low-cut or sleeveless shirts and blouses and midriff showing.
- No Capri pants or shorts.
- No flip-flops, bedroom slippers or other footwear that do not have backs.
- No excessive and/or ostentatious jewelry, make up, or hairstyles. No hoop earnings larger than a quarter.
- No visible body piercing jewelry other than single earrings worn on the ear lobe.
- No spiked jewelry, pocket chains or chains worn as jewelry.
- No sweat pants/sweat tops, warm ups (velour or terry) pajamas, or lounging pants or yoga pants or banners.
- No spandex leggings.
- No frayed articles of clothing.
- No hooded sweatshirts or jackets (hoodies).
- No grills or teeth inlays.
- No students may wear dreadlocks or braids.
- No hair dye colors either temporary or permanent other than your natural hair color.
- No ripped or torn clothing.
First and second year students will wear navy blue scrubs with totally white tennis shoes. Upon passing Algebra I, Geometry, Biology, US History, End-of-Course Exams and Reading 10th grade FSA:
- Pre-Med Students will wear teal scrubs with totally white tennis shoes.
- Practical Nursing students will wear purple scrubs with totally white tennis shoes.
Additional requirements for medical students can be found in the Medical Student Handbook that will be distributed via your Instructors.
Students will be required to wear and purchase a chef’s jacket and hat which they will have to wear with closed toed shoes and hair covering. During their other classes they may wear their culinary jacket or culinary career shirt.